Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Winter Nature




Shutter: 1/500
Aperture: f/3.6
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 14.4mm

This is my dog Maggie. I let her out side and she was freaking out so I took pictures. I think she smelled some sort of rodent under the snow. I really like how she contrasts with the snow. I really like the detail in her fur. I don't like how the head is a little darker than the rest of the body, but it kind of draws your attention.


Shutter: 1/60
Aperture: f/2.8
ISO: 125
Focal Length: 5.5mm

This was taken on a very frosty morning. I really like the detail in the ice. I like how the smooth, clean ice contrasts with the dirty, textured ground. I could have tried doing this in black and white instead of color and maybe I could have got a different effect.



4 comments:

  1. I really like both of the pictures. I really like the one of the dog though it is really cute. The detail in the ice is very neat and catches my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the details of the ice crystals in the second picture. The like the way the dog's head is hidden in the first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the dogs face in the snow is funny and your other picture is just really cool but i think it would cool even better without the color

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ice crystals are great!!!!! Good textures and it works in color (and it would in B&W too).

    ReplyDelete