Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Composition

The Rule of Thirds

I found bird nest on the ground when I was taking pictures. I kind of cheated and put it in a tree so that it had a unique view. I really like the color contrast. The light turned out really nice and created nice shadows.


Shutter: 1/1000
Aperture: f/4.0
Focal Length: 4.9mm
ISO: 125

Curved Lines

This is a deer head. The horns create nice curves and the texture of the fur looks really crisp. I think this looked better in black and white than in color. The green in the trees behind it distracted from the subject.

Shutter: 1/1250
Aperture: f/4.0
Focal Length: 4.9mm
ISO: 125

Leading Lines

This is a griller-thingy that is on our fire pit. The poles lead right down into the pit. The rust on the metal contrasts nice with the snow and gray metal. I feel like the red color definitely adds to the picture.

Shutter: 1/800
Aperture: 4.0
Focal Length: 4.9mm
ISO: 125

Horizontal Lines

This is a wood pile that is by our house from old siding. The stacks create nice horizontal lines. The black and white really helps the picture by taking away the distractions from the plants.

Shutter:1/800
Aperture: f/4.0
Focal Length: 7.9mm
ISO:125

Diagonal Lines

The diagonal lines created by the tape give the picture some interesting symmetry. The shine of the tape contrasts with the texture of the foam. 

Shutter: 1/1250
Aperture: f/5.0
Focal Length: 4.9mm
ISO: 125

3 comments:

  1. Code. These pictures are nifty. I like the one of the slayed deer. Its kinda gross though. I also like the one of the abandoned birds nest. Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM A VEGETARIANNN. YOU ANIMAL KILLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete